The Purpose of Australian Skilled Migration
- The purpose of Australia’s Skilled Migration Program is to attract highly employable people for migration to Australia. Eligibility is based on your skills and qualifications including your age, occupation, education, work experience and English Skills (you may include partner skills if applicable).
- If you are successful in Skilled Migration you and any family members may be granted Australian Permanent Residency. This means that you can enter and remain in Australia indefinitely and be entitled to most of the rights afforded to Australians including work, education, health and social security benefits.
- You will also be eligible to sponsor any family members to Australia.
- You do not need to work in your occupation if you are granted this visa.
- As a permanent resident you may also be eligible to apply for Australian Citizenship once you have lived in Australia for 4 years.
- Please view the following Australian Government video for a general overview of Australian Skilled Migration: AUSTRALIAN SKILLED MIGRATION